How do I get the medical care I need in a worker's compensation case in Florida?

View Profile


In Florida, all workers' compensation cases begin by asking your employer for medical care for an accident-related injury. If a physician appointment is set up, you need to attend that appointment. If you believe you need a specialist, you need to ask the initial physician to make that recommendation. If you don't get the initial care OR you don't get the specialist care you believe you need, then you need to consult with an attorney to determine the best course of action for your case. Act quickly and don't delay in seeking appropriate medical care. Make sure to give any physicians or hospitals you consult with an accurate history of the work accident and how it caused the injuries.

Answered 10/31/2016

Disclaimer: This answer was provided by an attorney selected to Super Lawyers, and is intended to be an educated opinion only. This answer should not be relied upon as legal advice, nor construed as a form of attorney-client relationship.

Other Answers By This Lawyer

Workers' Compensation

How long may I receive worker’s compensation medical benefits in Florida?

In Florida, Worker’s compensation medical benefits are to be provided to allow you to recover from your work related injury. If you have a …

Answered by: Barry A. Stein, 1 year ago

Other Answers About Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation

Why Do I Need A Lawyer For Workers' Compensation In California?


Answered by: Nikki Jacobson, 1 month ago

Workers' Compensation

A doctor told me that my repetitive strain injury, like carpal tunnel, is work-related. Can I get workers’ compensation in New York?

Yes, you can! A repetitive strain injury or repeated trauma is compensable under workers’ compensation law and is covered under the category of …

Answered by: Edgar Romano, 2 months ago

Workers' Compensation

How much is a work injury worth in New York? Is it worth it to contact a lawyer?

It is hard to quantify exactly how much a work injury is worth. It may be worth very little if your injury is minor and results in little or no time …

Answered by: Edgar Romano, 2 months ago


If you send a lawyer or law firm email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this email service. The lawyer or law firm to whom you are writing may not choose to accept you as a client. Moreover, as the Internet is not necessarily a secure environment it is possible that your email sent via the Internet might be intercepted and read by third parties. Super Lawyers will not retain a copy of this message.

Page Generated: 0.59239101409912 sec