Louisiana Legal Answers

Find Answers in Louisiana by Legal Issue

If I have been injured in an offshore vessel or platform accident in Louisiana, who can I sue for my losses?

Offshore drilling and production jobs demand physical labor and long shifts around fast-moving equipment, creating a sometimes dangerous work …

Answered by James P. Roy, 10 months ago

What can I do if a Louisiana employer does not pay me overtime or my vacation pay?

Under a federal law called the Fair Labor Standards Act ("FLSA"), an employer is obligated to pay (a) at least minimum wage for all hours …

Answered by Christopher L. Williams, 2 years ago

Are collaborative divorce and mediation available in Louisiana and how can they help me avoid going to court for my divorce?

Collaborative Divorce (Collaborative) is an alternative to going to court to resolve the parties' domestic issues. Collaborative …

Answered by Susan H. Neathamer, 3 years ago

In Louisiana, If I am hurt on the job, or exposed to potentially dangerous materials, how do I know if I should contact an attorney?

If you are hurt on the job and think you have a claim against your employer it never hurts to consult an attorney or law firm familiar with …

Answered by Scott R. Bickford, 4 years ago

Do I need a Louisiana attorney if I'm hurt in a trucking accident?

Due to their size and speed, trucks cause the most devastating accidents on the road. Whether the cause is poor road conditions, speeding or pure …

Answered by Joseph F. Gaar, Jr., 4 years ago

Do I need a Louisiana attorney if I'm hurt working offshore?

If you are hurt working offshore, either on an oil platform, jack up drilling rig, crew boat, barge, or other type of specialty vessel or structure, …

Answered by Joseph F. Gaar, Jr., 4 years ago

Page Generated: 0.052510976791382 sec