Ron Cordova Legal Answers in California

I am 18 and my girlfriend is 15. Can I be charged with statutory rape if we have sex in California?

While most people call it statutory rape, California law defines this as unlawful intercourse and the charge is a serious one. In most states, the …

Answered by Ron Cordova

Is a DUI a misdemeanor in California?

Yes. A first-, second- and third-time DUI are misdemeanors, provided there are no injuries or deaths from an accident related to the DUI. If there is …

Answered by Ron Cordova

What happens if I forge a prescription for drugs in California?

It is a misdemeanor or felony, depending on three things: the discretion of the prosecutor, the quantity of drugs sought and the judge. The law …

Answered by Ron Cordova

My job requires me to travel, but I don’t want to violate my probation. What should I do in California?

If you are on informal probation, there typically is no restriction to your travel. However, it is possible that your informal probation includes …

Answered by Ron Cordova

How can I be charged with child abduction in California if I am the parent?

If you have interfered with the custodial right of the other parent, you can be charged with child abduction. This is a serious charge: The …

Answered by Ron Cordova

Find Answers in California by Legal Issue

Page Generated: 0.26396799087524 sec