How do I find the best immigration lawyer in Chicago, Illinois, for me?

Christopher Helt - Immigration - Super Lawyers

Answered by: Christopher Helt

The Helt Law Group, LLC
Chicago, IL
Phone: 888-739-6794
Fax: 312-698-9821

View Profile

Immigration matters, especially if it involves potential removal or deportation, are almost always complicated because of the many laws and rules involved.

The American Bar Association has tools and information to help you find an attorney, as does the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), a legal association for immigration lawyers only. Talk to your family, friends and co-workers. Someone you know may have hired an immigration lawyer in Illinois to help with an immigration issue, and he/she can tell what he/she liked or disliked about the attorney. 

Be Proactive With Your Immigration Matter to Get the Best Immigration Lawyer for You

Do your research. Find out as much as you can about the attorney whom you’re considering. Run Internet searches on the attorney's name. You may find news articles about them, legal cases they've handled, or legal articles or blogs they've written. This type of information can tell you a lot about the attorneys' experience and reputation. Finally, look for a lawyer with experience in your type of immigration case. Immigration lawyers sometimes limit their practice to certain areas, like deportation and removal cases or employment-related visas, for example. Look for one who matches your type of case.

Consider the costs: Depending on your type of immigration case, an attorney may charge you an hourly fee where you pay a certain amount for each hour he or she works on your case. Some attorneys may charge a flat fee. Consider which fee arrangement best fits your budget. 

Our contact information is above, and we are happy to receive calls or emails from you if you would like to schedule an initial attorney consultation. You also can make request for appointment online with us at

Disclaimer: The answer is intended to be for informational purposes only. It should not be relied on as legal advice, nor construed as a form of attorney-client relationship.

Other Answers About Immigration


What crimes will get me deported in California?

If you are in the U.S. without any documentation, even a minor infraction could trigger deportation. However, if your immigration status has been …

Answered by: Ashkan Yekrangi


How can I obtain a visa for my spouse in Georgia?

The answer to your question hinges upon whether you are currently a citizen of the United States. If you are a citizen, sponsoring your spouse for an …

Answered by: Dale M. Schwartz


If you send a lawyer or law firm email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this email service. The lawyer or law firm to whom you are writing may not choose to accept you as a client. Moreover, as the Internet is not necessarily a secure environment it is possible that your email sent via the Internet might be intercepted and read by third parties. Super Lawyers will not retain a copy of this message.

Page Generated: 0.97370195388794 sec