How Much Compensation Am I Entitled To In A Louisiana Personal Injury Claim?

Sponsored Answer
Todd A. Townsley - Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice - Super Lawyers

Answered by: Todd A. Townsley

Located in Lake Charles, LAThe Townsley Law Firm

Phone: 337-478-1400
Fax: 337-478-1577

View Profile

The amount of damages your case may be worth depends on the severity of your injuries, the impact it has on your life and the costs associated with your injury, among other considerations. Being injured in an accident can bring your life to a standstill. You may suddenly not be able to go to work, care for your children or even take care of your house. In these cases, the mountain of bills you’re facing can add a considerable amount of stress at an already stressful situation. Whether you’re recovering from a motor vehicle accident, slip-and-fall injury, medical malpractice, a dog bite or another type of personal injury, the damages you receive can help you pay for medical treatment, personal property damage and other expenses associated with your recovery.

Damages You May Be Eligible For

Medical expenses may be one of the greatest costs after an unexpected injury. Damages associated with medical treatment can go to paying for both the care you received in the hospital, and the estimated expense of care you may need going forward. This could include medications, assistance devices, future checkups and more.

If you’re unable to work because of your injury, you may be able to receive damages for lost wages. This can be used to pay bills and other everyday expenses that your paycheck would normally cover. However, damages for lost wages can also compensate for lost earning potential due to your injury. For example, if your injury will prevent you from doing your job properly in the future, you may be able to receive damages for money you would have been able to make if you hadn’t been injured in the accident.

The repercussions and pain of your injury may last for months or years after your accident. In situations like this, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. This could even include damages for ongoing pain that you will face for a long period of time.

Getting Full Value For Your Injuries

Being injured in an accident due to the negligence of another person can be difficult to heal from emotionally, physically and financially. If you or someone you love has been injured, you may be eligible for compensation for a wide variety of reasons. Depending on your accident, you may also be able to receive damages for property damage, loss of consortium and other unexpected costs associated with your injuries.

Many factors go into determining the value of a claim, and you shouldn’t rely on what an insurance company says your case is worth. Working with experienced professionals, including a lawyer, to gather the facts of your situation can help you seek the full value of your case and gain the resources you need to recover.

Disclaimer: The answer is intended to be for informational purposes only. It should not be relied on as legal advice, nor construed as a form of attorney-client relationship.

Other Answers By Todd A. Townsley

Photo of Todd A. Townsley

What Are The Signs Of Medical Malpractice In Louisiana?

It is important to recognize that a bad outcome alone does not indicate that medical malpractice took place. All …

Sponsored answer by Todd A. Townsley

Other Answers About Personal Injury - Plaintiff

Photo of Shean D. Williams

What are my legal options if I get assaulted on someone else’s property in Georgia?

Property owners and caretakers have a responsibility to ensure the safety of their guests.If someone assaults you …

Sponsored answer by Shean D. Williams

Photo of Alan Scott Pickel

What damages can I recover for a wrongful death lawsuit in Connecticut?

When someone dies, it changes their family forever. Tragedies that lead to death are not only heartbreaking, but …

Sponsored answer by Alan Scott Pickel

Photo of Sean Dormer

How Do I Know If I Have A Personal Injury Case In Colorado?

If you suffer physical or financial harm due to an intentional act or negligence by a person, business or other …

Sponsored answer by Sean Dormer

Call Me

To: Todd A. Townsley

Super Lawyers: Potential Client Inquiry

Disclaimer »
Privacy Policy »
*Required fields
Page Generated: 0.9122850894928 sec