Do You Need A Lawyer For Juvenile Court In Minnesota?

Christa J. Groshek

Answered by:
Christa J. Groshek

Located in Minneapolis, MN
Groshek Law PA

Christa J. Groshek - Criminal Defense - Super Lawyers

Answered by: Christa J. Groshek

Groshek Law PA
Minneapolis, MN
Phone: 612-503-9190
Fax: 612-294-2565

View Profile


Common thought tells us that juvenile delinquency will not have consequences when the child turns into an adult at age 18. This is rarely the case: The impact of juvenile delinquency can have a major impact on the future of your child. It can affect his or her ability to get into college and graduate school programs, and it can potentially affect his or her ability to earn a job. Juvenile records are often requested in college admission applications. More immediate impacts can include loss of driving privileges which can affect the family and the child's ability to go to work or school.  

A juvenile defense lawyer who understands and appreciates the differences in juvenile criminal cases and adult cases is a tremendous asset that can directly affect the direction of these potentially troubling outcomes. An experienced attorney will understand the nuances that come with juvenile court, and it is an extremely important decision based on the future impacts of juvenile delinquency. 

When seeking counsel, make sure the attorney understands the unique characteristics of adult certification and extended juvenile jurisdiction (EJJ) cases.

The charges for a minor that are most common are underage DUI/DWI, shoplifting, criminal sexual conduct, drug offenses and robbery. 

Your child's future is important, and a mistake made as a minor can have a poor impact on academics and his or her professional career. Seek the help of an attorney to protect your child’s future.

Disclaimer: The answer is intended to be for informational purposes only. It should not be relied on as legal advice, nor construed as a form of attorney-client relationship.

Other Answers By This Lawyer

Criminal Law

Will I Go To Jail For Child Abuse In Minnesota?

Allegations of child abuse can be devastating for the individual that is accused. It can have a major effect on that person, his or …

Answered by: Christa J. Groshek

Criminal Law

Do I Need an Attorney for a Sex Crime In Minnesota?

Whether you have been accused of rape, child porn, prostitution, child molestation or any other sex crime, it is very important that you seek the …

Answered by: Christa J. Groshek

Other Answers About Criminal Law

Criminal Law

What Do I Need to Know After a Charge of Homicide or Murder in Minnesota?

For starters, do not volunteer information to law enforcement. Always observe your Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.Second Step: Call …

Answered by: Bruce M. Rivers

Criminal Law

What are the consequences for a multiple-DUI offender in California?

Multiple DUI convictions carry significantly more consequences than for a first offense. Jail time of at least 96 hours is mandatory, as well as a …

Answered by: Christopher J. McCann

Criminal Law

What decisions and possible consequences do you face after being indicted by the federal government or the state of Georgia?

The possible consequences of an arrest start with having to spend time in jail awaiting trial or other resolution of your case. If you are convicted, …

Answered by: Marcia G. Shein


If you send a lawyer or law firm email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this email service. The lawyer or law firm to whom you are writing may not choose to accept you as a client. Moreover, as the Internet is not necessarily a secure environment it is possible that your email sent via the Internet might be intercepted and read by third parties. Super Lawyers will not retain a copy of this message.

Page Generated: 0.59779405593872 sec