What Types Of Benefits Can I Recover Under Minnesota Workers’ Compensation?

Sponsored Answer
Frederick E. Kaiser - Workers' Compensation - Super Lawyers

Answered by: Frederick E. Kaiser

Located in St. Paul, MNHansen Dordell

St. Paul, MN
Phone: 612-504-5924
Fax: 651-482-8909

View Profile

Many people are unaware of the types of benefits recoverable under Minnesota’s worker’s compensation programs. These programs are meant to provide a safety net for those injured while performing their job duties. They can help with medical costs, job-placement and other related needs. See below examples for more information: 

Benefits For Employees Recovering Full-Time

If a doctor recommends you do not work because of your injury, you may recover a wage-loss benefit known as temporary total disability. If recovered, these benefits will entitle you to two-thirds of your average weekly wage while you are out of work (full time). 

Benefits For Employees Recovering Part-Time

If you are an employee with a work-related injury and you are able to return to work with restrictions, but your employer cannot offer your full-time compensation, you can apply for a wage-loss benefit known as temporary partial benefits. If recovered, these benefits will entitle you to two-thirds of your average weekly wage minus the wages you collect as you work part-time. 

Benefits For Injured, Yet Working Employees

An injured employee who has not been restricted in their work may still recover workers’ comp benefits. Workers’ comp will pay for your necessary medical care.

You may even see more than one doctor if your specific injury requires a specialty physician (i.e., orthopedics) for examination and treatment. Note: if you have sought legal counsel, your lawyer may be able to recommend good medical treatment.

If your condition persists for 60 days or more, you may be entitled to vocational rehabilitation or medical management. Vocational rehabilitation is a rehabilitation program that can help you keep your job. 

Benefits For Those Permanently Injured

Employees who suffer permanent injuries, such as loss of vision or amputation, may apply for permanent partial disability benefits. You may apply for these benefits if your injury does not allow you return to your original job duties.

If your work-related injury is severe enough that you are unable to return to work in any capacity, you can apply for total disability benefits. The amount of compensation available for permanent benefits will vary based on the state and the severity of the injury. 

About Attorney Fred Kaiser

I am an attorney at Hansen Dordell in Arden Hills. I have represented injured clients for over 40 years. Having once defended insurance companies, I have a unique insight into the workings of their benefits systems. I find a great satisfaction in making sure workers have a fair opportunity to recover as needed and receive due compensation for their injuries.

Disclaimer: The answer is intended to be for informational purposes only. It should not be relied on as legal advice, nor construed as a form of attorney-client relationship.

Other Answers About Workers' Compensation

Photo of Donald A. Caminiti

What benefits can a lawyer help me obtain in a New Jersey workers’ compensation claim?

When you suffer an injury at work, your financial picture can become cloudy. With uncertainty about your ability …

Sponsored answer by Donald A. Caminiti

Photo of T. Andrew Miller

Can I Get Workers’ Compensation In Georgia After I’ve Been Fired?

Fortunately, if you have a valid workers’ compensation case, you are entitled to benefits. Your current job …

Sponsored answer by T. Andrew Miller

Photo of Michael J. Epstein

Do I Need A Lawyer For A Workers’ Compensation Case In New Jersey?

After an injury at work, you may have several concerns. You may wonder how to obtain medical care and who will pay …

Sponsored answer by Michael J. Epstein

Call Me

To: Frederick E. Kaiser

Super Lawyers: Potential Client Inquiry

Disclaimer »
Privacy Policy »
*Required fields
Page Generated: 0.7792820930481 sec