Can an illegal alien sue in New York?

Ian M. Chaikin

Answered by:
Ian M. Chaikin

Located in New York, NY
Paris & Chaikin, PLLC

View Profile


The short answer is YES.

Accidents happen to many. Accidents do not discriminate based on nationality or immigration status. If you are an illegal immigrant, do not be afraid to seek the advice of an attorney. You may have been hurt while working on a construction site and told that you cannot sue because you are an illegal alien. You may have worked on a scaffold or ladder that collapsed and then told by your supervisor to go to the hospital and say you were hurt in a different way or they will have you deported. You may have been injured in a car accident and are afraid that if you file for no-fault benefits to pay for your medical bills the insurance company will research your immigration status and report you. These are all fear factors and misinformation. Do not let wrong information and fear factors scare you from speaking with a top New York personal injury lawyer who will explore your rights and guide you accordingly. 

As experienced personal injury lawyers, we are often hired by personal injury victims who are under the impression that they have no legal rights. Paris & Chaikin, PLLC is experienced in handling these concerns and advising our clients accordingly. We are familiar with the law and apply the law to protect all of our clients whether documented or not.

Paris & Chaikin, PLLC is a leading New York injury law firm that handles all types of accident cases and represents all people. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have, we are available when you need us. To learn more about our firm, visit our website at or call us at any time at 212-742-0476.

Disclaimer: The answer is intended to be for informational purposes only. It should not be relied on as legal advice, nor construed as a form of attorney-client relationship.

Other Answers By This Lawyer

Personal Injury - Plaintiff

Do I need a lawyer if I have been hurt in New York?

The short answer is YES. If you or a loved one has been hurt or injured as a result of an accident, you should speak to a New York accident lawyer …

Answered by: Ian M. Chaikin

Personal Injury - Plaintiff

Can I fire my lawyer at any time in New York?

The short answer is YES. As a personal injury victim, you are entitled to representation that meets your expectations. You are not shackled by your …

Answered by: Ian M. Chaikin

Other Answers About Personal Injury - Plaintiff

Personal Injury - Plaintiff

In California, What Should I Look For In A Lawyer Handling Serious Injury Cases?

I’ve been taking on the most serious injury cases for 20 years, and I can tell you from personal experience that the lawyer you choose to …

Answered by: Michael E. Gatto

Personal Injury - Plaintiff

Can I Sue An Uninsured Driver In Florida?

Yes, you can sue an uninsured driver in Florida, but collecting on a favorable judgment may be difficult. Your attorney will have to explore the …

Answered by: Jeffrey S. Hirsh

Personal Injury - Plaintiff

Can I sue for an injury in Nevada?

If you have suffered an injury, you need to contact a law firm with experience helping injured people. Whether you have been injured in a car …

Answered by: John P. Aldrich


If you send a lawyer or law firm email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this email service. The lawyer or law firm to whom you are writing may not choose to accept you as a client. Moreover, as the Internet is not necessarily a secure environment it is possible that your email sent via the Internet might be intercepted and read by third parties. Super Lawyers will not retain a copy of this message.

Page Generated: 0.18853688240051 sec